Friday, November 5, 2010

Carter - Open-Water Checkout

I had a great time getting my open water certification at Beaver Lake in Arkansas. It was a blast to go with 2 of my best friends, Nick and Britton, and my brother Griffin! It was so warm and the water was very clear. There were tons of old things in the lake for us to find. I saw a huge clam that was halfway out of its shell, I went to pick it up and it sucked back into its shell really fast. When we had completed all of our underwater skills we got to go down to the thermocline. It makes you really cold really fast! When you swim by it and accidentally swim into it without knowing it is there, it almost scares you because it turns so cold so fast. The hardest thing we had to do was the compass course. I had to stay under water the whole time until I got to where I was supposed to be. My time at Beaver Lake with my friends and family was an awesome experience! I can't wait to get to the British Virgin Islands to scuba dive with everyone! We are going to have a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment