Friday, November 5, 2010

Griffin - Open-Water Checkout

I went to Beaver Lake in Arkansas to get my open water certification. I became a scuba diver, like what you see on tv, at Beaver Lake. Carter and I started taking lessons at the end of March of this year with our friends Nick and Britton and their Dad John. Believe it or not we had homework. We got to go in the pool on every other class and then we did book work. We had to read this long book and answer questions at the end of every chapter. When we got to the end of the class we had to take a 50 question test. You could only miss 12 to pass the class and go get your open water certification. Of course I passed!   

My mom and dad and Carter and I went to Beaver Lake with Nick and Britton and their parents. We did 5 dives that weekend. I had an awesome instructor that made the dives fun. My favorite part was at the end of all the dives we were able to go on a tour of the lake. We saw fish and a red pipe and a ton of other things. We went down 29' and found the thermocline. It was so cold! It was pretty cool to put half my body below the thermocline and freeze while the other half stayed above it warm. I can't wait to go to the British Virgin Islands for a real dive with my friends. We are going to have a great time!                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment