Sunday, November 21, 2010

Griffin's Awesome Experience

Today was awesome! After we got the briefing about the boat, we organized all the food that the mom's & Britton bought, then we set off! On the way to Marina Cay we had a lot of waves because it was so windy. The right (starboard), side was down near the water and the left (port), was way high! Believe it or not I asked Nick if it was bad and he said "no, it's not." After we came about (changed directions), the port side railing went under water! At one point all 4 kids, (Nick, Britton, Carter & I), had to stay put because it got very stressful moving the sails to come about. My favorite part of the day was after we stopped in Marina Cay for the night. We got in the dinghy and motored over by a reef and went snorkeling. We saw so many fish and tons of coral. It is still windy at 8:30 at night. Glad we have stopped for the night! We also had a pelican come sit on the bow of the boat and fish for food. It was fun to watch him dive into the water and catch fish. Then he would come and sit on the boat again until he saw another fish to eat.


Some fish I saw today
Horse-Eye Jack
Sand Dollar
Sea Cucumber
Sargent Major
Trumpet Fish


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Sounds a little scary to me. I would have probably gotten sea sick! Looks like you're having a great time!!

    Love,
    Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been very nervous. Sounds like fun though!

    ReplyDelete