Sunday, November 21, 2010

Britton's Back and Forth Day

Today we woke up and we were getting ready to go,right when we saw a huge sea turtle again. We all got great pictures and guessed that it was the same one as yesterday. Then we got ready to set sail. The ride over to Monkey Point was short, easy, and this time not bumpy. We were sailing in to get a mooring when a boat came sailing In and took it. Well that was fine because there was another mooring right next to it. But then another boat came from behind us and took it! Then after the third time we got one. Then we took the dinghy out and hopped in the water to snorkel. We saw a ton of stoplight parrotfish and then we saw a sand diver. At first those were the two coolest things that we saw but then Chop saw two cuttlefish. That was really cool! Then my mom came over and said that there was a school of blue tang, so she took us over to that. It was so pretty, 50 blue fish swimming around. I was so intent on the blue tang when I almost didn't notice the big foot long trumpet fish swimming in the middle of the school. Then we got back on the boat and sailed all the way back to Marina Cay. We played on the beach and had dinner. I was so excited to get my first BVI strawberry daiquiri!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Marina Cay, November 21

3 comments:

  1. I almost feel like I am with you! Love the turtle!

    xo
    Aunt Bets

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounded like a pretty busy day to me, just keep posting all the interesting stuff that the rest of us will only see on your BLOG!
    "New" Uncle Lyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Britton- Hi from your class! We miss you!! Looks like you're having fun, but not as much fun as us (ha! ha!)
    It looks warm there, but is cold here ~Lucy
    Can I come? ~Shayne
    Tic Tacs ~Trey
    Miss you ~McKenna, Valerie, Sydney, Haley, Taylor, Jessica, Mitchell
    You have tons of homework when you get back! ~Max and Gavin
    I liked the picture of the turtle. ~De'Mondre
    Bring me back a trophy fish. ~Prather

    Love,
    Your class

    ReplyDelete