Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Baths - Britton

Today is the day that I probably most look forward to all week. It's the Baths! It is always so much fun. We go snorkeling, jump off the huge boulders and climb through the cave. We parked in the Yacht Club near the boulders site. After lunch we all piled into an 8 person car (we have 9 though) so of course I was the one who was squeezed in between my mom and Shannon. Once we got there I truthfully think that there is no way to describe it. Basically it is a short obstacle trail to get down to the beach with the really big boulders, and when I say big or huge, I really mean it! So we went down the trail until there was a boulder with half-circles cut into it and we all (meaning Carter, Griffin, Nick and I) climbed up into them to get a picture. Then we got to the beach but went straight to the cave. We went a little further to a rope that you hold to climb a humongo rock. Up there it is the coolest sight, looking out into the water and at the other cool rocks. But I think one of the best parts about it is this one tree where you write your name and the date on a leaf, some of them last for a year or two. We all did that and then had to crab-walk back down the rock to the path. Then after jumping into the ocean off of the boulders, we went to Devils Bay Beach. The first part of the beach was crowded with a group of about 20 people(all one group). So we went on to a bigger and clearer part down a little. It was fun! The waves pulled us in and then pushed us out again and again. Well, it was all fun until I was walking out deeper toward my dad, Brent and Carter and a huge wave came and wiped me out. Then as It was going to break it pulled me right back in and I got a foot-long scrape in my thigh. Then another wave came and plowed me back again and on the same rock but going the other way, I scraped another cut on my left shoulder. And probably if I hadn't shaken my suit to get sand off before I took a shower, trust me, I could have made a beach in there! Right now I still have sand in my hair, only a little though.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad




Location:Virgin Gorda, November 22

3 comments:

  1. Britton, it looks like you are having fun. You got pretty scraped up though. The scenery looks beautiful. Will you get to eat turkey on Thanksgiving?

    Aunt Mary from Minneapolis

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! Your shoulder looks like it hurts though.:( Watch out for big waves!

    Aunt B

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW those sound REALLY cool!!!!!!!! i wish i was there!!! Sorry about your scrape! i hope it heals soon!!! Love sarah dammarell :)

    ReplyDelete