Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Dive Griffin

I had to wake up bright and early this morning (7:00), to eat, change and prepare for my dive. So we sailed over to Salt Island early to get a mooring so the dive boat could come and get us. We had to wait about an hour and a half for the dive bot to come. When we were getting ready to dive I had to use 4 pound weights to help keep me down. We dove for about 45 minutes. My favorite fish we saw was probably the spotted eel. What shocked me the most was when I got a bloody nose while diving. All was ok though. I saw a school of squirrel fish and a really neat colored fish that was yellow in the front and black on the tail. While we were diving around the Rhone I saw the lucky porthole. It was the only one to survive the wreck. If you rub it 3 times clockwise it is supposed to give you good luck. I also saw a spoon that was still shiny. I also got to see the area that the only passenger survivor came from. He crawled out of the lucky porthole. All the hard work that I did in Arkansas last summer preparing for my scuba dive really did pay off. OK, back to the nose. When I was trying to go deeper I hit the wrong button on my BCD, (basically a life jacket that you can inflate and deflate while scuba diving. It does more, but that is a basic part). I accidentally hit the wrong button and added more air into ot. I starting shooting to the surface and was fighting to stay down. My dad grabbed my foot and pulled me down but by that time I had a bloody nose. It filled up my mask but I was ok. It stopped. We also went snorkeling and saw a ton more fish, a sea turtle and a sting ray. John disappeared for a while looking for an octopus. He finally found one, but it wouldn't come out of its hole. Poor John! Then we finished our treasure hunt. Billy Bones sent us into a cave where we found the treasure. Good ol Billy gave us each some gold coins. It was fun figuring out the clues. Well that is that! Another spectacular day in the BVI!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:RMS Rhone November 26

No comments:

Post a Comment