Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Britton's Dive Log

This morning we woke up and sailed to Salt Island. Of course I was laying in bed while sailing because it was a little too early for me still. Then the dive boat came after breakfast. Our dive masters names were Kyle and Samantha, they both were really nice. We put our gear together, I had to put on a total of 4 pounds thence went to the end of the boat, jumped in and went down. My dad, my grandpa and Nick went down before all the rest of us and they saw a sea turtle! After some swimming around, I saw a little black thing that looked like a fish that was eating, straight up and down in the water, but then I got a closer look and saw that it was actually an eel! It was a spotted moray eel, I loved it! Right after that, Kyle and Samantha showed us a silver spoon that was used on the Rhone but now is surrounded by coral and rock. A couple of yards from that they pointed out the lucky porthole, as they call it. It was lucky because the one passenger who survived the wreck of the Rhone was staying in the cabin with that porthole about one hundred fifty years ago. Apparently if you rub it three times in a clockwise direction it gives you good luck. So of course I did that. We saw some huge queen (rainbow) parrotfish and some smooth trunkfish and more, but those were my favorites. That was our only dive so we enjoyed it as much as we could before we had to go up, we stayed down there for about 45 minutes. It was easy because it was fine equalizing for me, but the one thing I did not like was the cold water.







Spotted Moray Eel


After we got back to our boat, we went to Peter Island. Since there were no moorings we had to anchor. Well, we would have but it was too crowded so we were on our way out of that area when my dad was messing around with the mooring poll (boat hook) and when he pulled it out of the water there was a conch shell with the same type of numbers and writing as the other clues on it. It was signed B.B. (Billy Bones). We sailed on to Norman Island, our next stop and also the place where the treasure was. After we got there, we ate lunch and hopped right in to snorkel. Carter, Nick and my dad all saw a Ray right under them since they were in the water first. Then the rest of us hopped in too. After some swimming, we saw an eel, then swimming over to the small drop-off, we saw the same ray! After we all got a chance to see it, it swam away. Of course, like always my dad went off, still snorkeling after we all got out and he found an octopus. While he was doing that and taking pictures, we went to the cave to find our treasure. The cave was in the water so we took the dinghy over there and went in? It was pitch black in there but luckily we had two flashlights. We went all the way to the back of the cave and did not find it then right when we were turning around, I saw a silver box that shimmered in the dark! In it were gold coins. There were just enough one-dollar coins to split evenly. By then we were sure that we had found the treasure but if you don't believe me, there on the top of the box it said "B.B."






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:November 26, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment