Thursday, December 30, 2010

20 Questions - All of us

What is your name?
Britton
Nick
Griffin
Carter
How old are you?
10
12
11
11
Was this your first trip to the BVI?
No
No
Yes
Yes
What was your favorite part of the trip?
Dolphin Discovery
Warm weather
Scuba Diving
Scuba Diving and Snorkeling
How was it to be on a boat with 9 people for 9 days?
Tight, I wish I had my own room.
It was kind of crowded but mostly I wished I had a bed to myself.
Fun!  Not as crowded as I thought it would be.
The boat was bigger than I expected.
What was it like?  What did you see?
In the water, we saw lots of rainbow fish.
I liked the hawksbill sea turtles, they seemed so calm underwater when I was near thim.  I saw 3 or 4 of them on the trip.
We saw so many fish!
It was so fun climbing the rocks at the Baths and the view from the top was amazing!
What did you see while you were scuba diving?
I was the first one to see a spotted moray eel; some other favorites were the smooth trunkfish and a humongo queen parrotfish.  I also liked finding the lucky porthole and the silver spoon.
I saw the lucky porthole, the silver spoon and lots of fish and coral.  My favorites were the trunkfish and the neon green and purple tubular coral.
I liked seeing the spotted moray eel when we dove at the Wreck of the Rhone.
My favorite thing about scuba diving was finding the silver spoon.
How was traveling to and from the BVI?
Traveling was tiring and it got boring.  My body was stiff and sore from sitting on airplanes.
Traveling was fine until the last flights, my iPod ran out of juice, I ran out of books and I was bored after I finished reading the magazine that I bought at the airport.  I couldn't fall asleep.
It was a long trip, but the bagels at the airport were good.
Traveling was long and tiring.
What did you do on the plane?
I played my iPod, read books and looked at magazines.  I fell asleep for a little while.
I read, played my iPod, listened to music and didn't sleep at all!
I did homework, read and played my iPod.
I did homework, read and played my iPod.
What types of fish did you see?
Some of my favorites were:  eels, rays, smooth trunkfish, stoplight parrotfish, queen parrotfish and sea turtles.
My top 7 fish were the sea turtle, cuttlefish, trunkfish, juvenile dusky damselfish, great barracuda, southern stingray and viper moray eel.
My favorite fish were rainbow parrotfish, cuttlefish and the dolphins.
I liked the cuttlefish and the stoplight parrotfish best.
Did you see the creature you most wanted to see?
No I didn't see an octopus, but my dad did and I'm jealous!
No, I didn't see an octopus.
No, I didn't see a shark, but my dad did!
Yes, I saw a stingray!  It was so cool how it swam, it looked like it was doing the wave.
How many different fish/creatures did you see?
Over 65!
What jobs did you have on the boat?
I helped in the galley (kitchen) drying dishes, held bumpers when we docked the boat, watched the dinghy and steered.
I steered the boat, bailed the dinghy, manned the dinghy when we docked and swabbed the deck.
I held bumpers when we docked and helped trim the sails, but my favorite job was steering the boat.
I liked steering the boat.  I helped with bumpers and did whatever I was asked to do.
What was your boat-name?
Princess-in-training
I didn't have one.
No nicknames.
I didn't have a nickname.
Did anyone else have boat names?
Not really.
How was swimming with the dolphins?
It was amazing and impossible to describe.  It was even better this time because we were the only ones in our group.
It was great!  My favorite part was the foot push.  It was just as exciting as last time.
It was fun!
It was different than I thought it would be.  I liked it!
Did anyone accidentally fall in?
No
How many sunny days did you have?
All
What did you miss most while you were away from home?
My animals and having more room to move around like in my house.
My dogs
My family at home.
Nothing!
What were your favorite things to eat/drink?
Key lime pie at Marina Cay and Strawberry Daiquiris with whipped cream at Marina Cay!
$50 lobster dinner at Marina Cay and Strawberry-Banana Smoothie at the Caribe Hilton in San Juan.
My lobster dinner at Marina Cay and Strawberry Daiquiris.
The swordfish at the Little Dix buffet and Strawberry Daiquiris.

No comments:

Post a Comment